green-tree-yoga is available to create custom tailored yoga sessions in your workplace, or virtually
Benefits of Yoga in the Workplace
- Teaches individual stress management
- Improves the immune system and overall health, resulting in decreased absenteeism and sickness levels
- Increases productivity, motivation, and work performance
- Improves decision making and creativity
- Increases energy, mental alertness, and clarity
- Improves stamina
- Improves morale, job satisfaction, and positive thinking patterns
- Improves memory, focus and concentration
- Reduces muscle tension and pain due to sedentary working positions
- Improves flexibility and physical strength
- Improves breathing
- Decreases headaches
- Improves confidence
According to the Huffington Post:
How can yoga help people in the business world? By helping them clear their minds. The mind is our most powerful tool. However, more often than not, our attention is fragmented and pulled in a dozen different directions at once. Yoga gracefully combats this in several powerful ways.
- Yoga releases tension in the physical body by opening tight, clenched muscles and improves blood flow to the brain.
- Yoga creates a clear mind and elevated thinking, helping people to get their work done more effectively and efficiently.
- Yoga allows people to unplug and disconnect from the endless tornado of thoughts.
- When the dust settles, priorities become clear, anxiety is reduced and the mind is calmer, more focused and compassionate.
A study in The Journal of Physical Activity and Health found that 20 minutes of Hatha yoga stimulates brain function more than walking or jogging on the treadmill for the same amount of time.
For further information about how to bring yoga to your workplace, please complete the contact form: